Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter

Winter is here with the biggest snowfall I've ever seen -- we got about twenty inches.

Lately I've been writing "Occasional poetry". Here's one I wrote after a choral performance of a group I sing in.

After the Concert – Some Personal Reflections

Well we’re singin a song

About fifty strong

I don’t want to be wrong

So I follow along.

Hey, was that a rest?

And is that note stressed?

Did I skip a line?

Are we sounding fine?

When I made my choice

Then I found my voice,

But the part’s too high

And I just squeak by!

If I only breathe

You want me to believe

I will find the tone –

Oops! I’m all alone!

Now I’m one beat late,

Say, we’re sounding great!

Let the basses roll!

Man, those guys have soul

And the tenors fine

Sure can sing a line;

The sopranos fly

When they reach so high,

And the altos keep

The sound wide and deep

While the director tries

To captivate our eyes,

So we’ll stay on guard

For the last ritard.

Let the music flow,

Volume fade and grow

Now we’re all aboard

For the final chord!

No comments: