Saturday, July 9, 2011

Here's something I've been thinking about.


At Home in a Falling World

Outside the world is rushing
With terrifying speed
Terrifying word, and
Terrifying deed –
In here we hide pretending
While energy expending ---
Well I hate to tell you children,
I hate to say it at all
But this world we’re in
With its dance and spin
Is going to spiral down and fall.
Will we crash and burn?
We have yet to learn
Just exactly how it’ll go:
Maybe break apart,
Maybe break your heart
Maybe settle down real slow.
I’m not a Cassandra
It’s not a revival;
I’m just kind of worried
About our survival.
It’s not that I want you
To go around scared
It’s just that I think
That you should be prepared.
When the X hits the fan
We’ll just have to discover
The way to survive
Is by helping each other.
And I want you to know
Life can turn on a dime
And something you thought
would be there for all time
Can end up a moment of history –
Our being is always a mystery.

No comments: